Sunday, January 13, 2013






Meet Grandma Moh, the loud, feist and highly opinionated mother of the Chinese billionaire living in their Beverly Hills mansion. Mired in "old China", she is a relic straight out of the Cultural Revolution with constant fears of the next invasion of the Red Army soldiers and approaching famine. She practices traditional Chinese medicine in their gourmet kitchen and has issues with touch screen panels. Always on the giving end of unsolicited advice and opinions, she surprises her newfound friends in Beverly Hills with her ancient wisdom throughout the book series. I don't have a shortage of material in developing the Grandma Moh character. I resorted to my mother, my aunts, their friends, my friends' mothers/aunts and countless older generation Chinese women. Photo of an old Chinese woman I found on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment